Head VIB Bioimaging Core, Leuven, Belgium
VIB, a leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology, is committed to fostering the growth of Flanders’ life sciences cluster. The VIB Technologies program provides access to cutting-edge research infrastructure through 10 core facilities in Leuven, Ghent, and Brussels (https://vibcoreprogram.sites.vib.be/en).
Established in 2012, the VIB Bioimaging Core, with locations in Leuven and Ghent, offers advanced light and electron microscopy services. A team of 10 skilled microscopists in Leuven provides expert consultation, training, and collaboration for experimental design, image acquisition, and analysis.
The expertise in the core covers a broad range of technologies from advanced fluorescent functional imaging (FLIM, FRET, FRAP, …), live cell imaging, superresolution (Airyscan, (spt)PALM, latticeSIM and 2D and 3D electron microscopy, CLEM and image analysis. More details can be found here: https://bioimagingcore-leuven.sites.vib.be/en and https://bioimagingcore-gent.sites.vib.be/en.
We are looking for a new Head of Core in Leuven to lead the light and electron microscopy operations. Successful candidates require ample experience in light microscopy and will work in tandem with the VIB Bioimaging Core in Ghent.
- Safeguard the position of the facility as a world-leading facility
- Take on day-to-day operational management to ensure high-quality service
- Steer the team, take on all personnel-related matters, and motivate the team to stay at the forefront of technologies and applications
- Develop the core to exploit new technology and address the needs of the user base
- Liaise with the Ghent-based core to coordinate the alignment of activities at both sites
- Design a future-proof strategic roadmap that includes timely technology implementations securing a modern instrument park – applying for grants for competitive funding.
- Identify and manage relevant development activities (i.e. method/application development)
- Maintain and set up smart partnerships and networks
For additional information please check the job offer.